Monday, May 11, 2009

Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the phenomenon of meaningful coincidence. It is a connection between something going on outside us and something happening inside us. A synchronicity occurs when an event, a meeting, a conversation or a thought merges with our life's purposes or helps unfold our destiny. As Dave Richo states in his book, Unexpected Miracles, "All coincidences are connected by meaning, but synchronicity happens when the meaningfulness is relevant to our personal evolution." Synchronicity is a word made from two Greek terms meaning "joined with" and "time." Synchronicity is a bond or connection that happens in a timely way. A correspondence between two things is suddenly made clear. The unifying connection was always present but an immediate and meaningful coincidence makes it visible.

Below, please share your own experience of Synchronicity and how a meaningful coincidence opened a door on the path of your evolution. As we share our stories with one another, we will be reminded of the gift of Synchronicity and we will leave inspired to notice them and act on them in our daily lives.

2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Hi Jennifer,
I found your blog courtesy of Google alerts. We're writing a book on synchronicity and started our blog as a research tool. If you or your readers have any syrnchronicities they would like to share, we would be delighted to post them or use them in the book.

Best,
Trish MacGregor
www.ofscarabs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

In an instant synchronicity can happen.
A fall a dislodging of brain neurons.. was the event.. Lost was many of my athletic abilities and memories. The synchronicity of it all was the catapult. The catapult was my friends/coworkers believing in me.. when I seemed to have lost who I was..

1. being a co-worker who hired me to help her with gardens.. in the mists of all my brain fogs.. it was part of my therapy.. (un-knowing to me at the time.. gardening is highly effective for cognitive rehabilitation).

2. My first job back in to the work force was working for a company who was owned by my a college roommate of my cousin in college.

3. My balance was clearly compromised but Dr.'s were passing it off. It took a year and half prior to finally get results that my balance was at 50%. At the time I was required to work I met a customer who said she was off to ride. I struck up a conversation further and ended up riding that night. Riding a daughter of a horse whom I worked with and the women who I met worked at the barn where I worked at in High School. My balance improved so rapidly the Dr's were amazed by my recovery. I just always knew for me four feet was better then two. Not only did my balance improve, I diagnosed the horse had a pinched nerve. From this I have gone back to training horses and diagnosing aliments that are sight unseen.. but can be felt.

4. My lawyer, suggested by a friend.. friends with my cousins again.. note these cousins did not grow up where I grew up.


From a Traumatic Brain Injury my life has evolved. I'm a successful Gardener, Trainer and Mother. Yes in all this I became pregnant finding out 5 months into the pregnancy. Just when I thought my life was so difficult my second trimester proved that there was a light or Synchronicity to the TBI. I have a beautiful daughter who was unaffected by the drugs I was on.
My destiny still unfolds.. I do not wait at a chance I, speak my mind (sometimes good sometimes not but truthful at all times(I still don't have control of this neuron but I have accepted it)).

Was this a coincidence I think not, as prior to the injury I was contemplating leaving the East to work on a dude ranch out West.

The true Synchronicity is I have finally found my Career.. its not one track but many.